Syracuse men’s lacrosse’s Dylan Donahue named 1st team All-American, 4 others honored

Courtesy of the ACC

Dylan Donahue was the facilitator in Syracuse's offense and led the team in points.

Syracuse attack Dylan Donahue was named a first team All-American by the United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association Thursday morning.

Midfielders Nick Mariano and Sergio Salcido, faceoff specialist Ben Williams and defender Brandon Mullins were named to the second team.

Donahue led Syracuse in points with 61 and Mariano led the team in goals with 35. Salcido, who hadn’t scored a goal in his first two seasons, was second on the team with 53 points (29 goals and 24 assists).

Williams finished the year winning 62.2 percent of his faceoffs and Mullins led the team with 31 caused turnovers.

SU’s season ended on May 21 with a 13-7 loss to top-ranked Maryland in the quarterfinals of the NCAA tournament.

Last season, the Orange had 11 players honored as All-Americans.

Comments

University Politics

University Senate approves degree completion support plan for students affected by immigration policies

The resolution passed on Wednesday states that if students affected by immigration policies complete 75 percent or more of the credits and requirements for their respective degrees, there would be “maximum opportunity” extended to facilitate completion of their degree program with Syracuse University credits. Read more »