ON CAMPUS

Construction update: Day Hall renovations to be completed this summer

Pete Sala, vice president and chief facilities officer, detailed ongoing dorm renovation and utility projects in a campus-wide email Wednesday.

Multiple campus construction and renovation projects scheduled to be completed for the fall semester are currently underway, a Syracuse University official said in a campus-wide email Wednesday.

Rooms in Day Hall are receiving new floors, wardrobes, information technology infrastructure, paint and plumbing work, along with new doors and furnishings in late July, said Pete Sala, SU’s vice president and chief facilities officer, in the email.

Demolition of the Brewster/Brockway/Boland Complex plaza is complete, and crews are expected to begin work on the accessible ramp to Brockway dining hall. Other updates include landscaping and installing outdoor furniture. Infrastructure work for plumbing, electrical and ventilation updates for Brockway dining is underway.

Sidewalks near Hendricks Chapel are closed as utility projects continue in the area and elsewhere around campus. The chapel’s roof replacement has begun and is scheduled to be completed this summer.

Utility work along the University Place promenade is expected to be completed in early August, as work on steam and condensate lines near Sadler Hall proceeds on schedule, Sala said.

SU demolished large parts of Archbold Gymnasium to prepare the foundation for the south end of the new Barnes Center at The Arch. Work on the north end of the building is also currently underway.

Crouse College and the west side of Maxwell Hall will receive maintenance and masonry repairs, which will continue into August.

Work has started for a single-user accessible restroom on the first floor of the Physics Building, while five classrooms in the Hall of Languages are currently being renovated and updated with new technology. 

Work on SU’s Lawrinson and Adams Street parking garages is almost complete, Sala said. Parking lot paving at Shaw and Haven Halls is still ongoing. Work in the garage stairwells may continue into the fall semester.