Events Tracker

Say hello to fall with these Syracuse events

Katie Reahl | Staff Photographer

Fall festivals and Halloween themed walks offer Syracuse community the chance to take in the season.

To support student journalism and the content you love, become a member of The Daily Orange today.

Courage in Defense of Democracy: A Conversation with Congresswoman Liz Cheney
Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) will speak at Goldstein Auditorium about her career and time as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. The event is sponsored by the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public affairs and is open to all SU students, staff, faculty and alumni. The talk will take place Monday, October 3 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Fiesta Latina
The Office of Multicultural Affairs is hosting Fiesta Latina to celebrate Latinx and Hispanic culture. Head to Schine Underground to enjoy Latinx cuisine, live entertainment and student performances. Tickets are free for SU and SUNY ESF students, faculty and staff and $5 for the general public. The party will happen Friday, October 7 at 7 p.m.

Pumptrack Opening
After nearly a year of construction and development, Pumptrack SYR will have a grand opening on October 9 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m as the first pumptrack in Syracuse. A pumptrack is a circuit of hills and turns that allow bikers or skateboarders the ability to move forward without having to push or pedal. Come with a bike to try out the new pump track or walk through the art and food vendors that will be present.

Horseback Riding

See Central New York from a new perspective at a guided horseback ride! The Barnes Center will bring students through Highland Forest to show off the natural beauty of the region. Any student can register for the horseback ride and hike. The excursion will be on October 10 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets start at $10.

Chuck Hefner’s Fall Fest
Chuck Hefner’s Nursery is hosting its Fall Fest this month, with events happening throughout October. The festival, which is free to all, will have petting zoos, food vendors and hay rides among many other fall activities. The festival will run every weekend until October 23.

How to Dance in Ohio
Experience the Syracuse Stage’s production of “How to Dance in Ohio,” a musical based on a documentary of the same name. The musical follows the lives of seven young autistic adults who are a part of the same social skills therapy group in Columbus, Ohio. As a part of the casting process, the directors ensured that neurodivergent people would fill the roles in order to redefine representation and reshape the narrative of neurodivergence. Find tickets at the Syracuse Stage’s website starting at $25. The last performance will be on Sunday, October 9.
Spooktacular StrollIf you’re looking for a little fright in your night, take a walk at the Spooktacular Stroll. Long Branch Park will be redecorated so half a mile of the park is full of festive Halloween displays. The Stroll will be up every Thursday to Sunday until the end of October and vehicle passes start at $25.